Matsutake Mushroom Soup
Mstsutake （松茸）is a hugely celebrated jewel from the forest in Japan & China. Try it at least once while you live on this planet.
Complex aroma like nothing else…
Yes expensive ($20/lb) but you need just a few! Or even one. Thus total bill will be no more than $10.
1. Wash with minimum water (to avoid diluting its flavor and scent). Scrap the dirt with a small knife. Cut into very thin slices right before cooking, so save the cutting to very last minute.
Handling matsutake is like jeweler artist handling a gem. Pure pleasure. 😇
2. Sauté whole green onion in minimum oil.
3. Cut carrots and giant daikon. (These duo bring out the best of each other)
4. Add water and boil. Add a few raw peanuts (optional). Simmer for 30-60 minutes.
Take out green onion pieces after 20 minutes.
Note I skipped ginger and garlic for this soup? cause we want matsutake to shine.
5. Bring to boil rapidly again. Cut matsutake into thin slices. Add to boiling soup and cook for only 1 minute.
The aroma will come out. Inhale.
6. Add minimum salt, or not.
#vegan #vegetarian #matsutake #mushroom #root #soup #daikon #carrot